BUILDING SITE IN CAR PARK: PLEASE DON’T BE PUT OFF!!!!
We are having 6 units of self catering tourist accommodation constructed. These are conversions from the calf pens which the farm no longer requires. The store room for the tearoom is also being changed to enable a flat floor between the two rooms. Health and safety do not really love steps in doorways!
Originally scheduled to start on 1st October 2017, we have had to bring the work forward as we are hoping to receive an EU grant, but the Brexit vote has somewhat altered our timescales.
Anyone who has “enjoyed’ our new loos, will understand the quality we aspire to, and we crave your patience until these are finished.
When are Houghton Lodge Gardens open?
Houghton Lodge Gardens and Tearoom are now closed until 1st April 2018.
Houghton Lodge Gardens
10.00am – 5.00pm daily.
Please allow 2 hours for your visit.
11am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday.
10am – 4:30pm Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Occasionally some areas of the garden may be closed for an event, (usually Saturday afternoons). When this occurs the tearoom and other parts of the garden will still be available to the public. To compensate our visitors for this inconvenience we halve the garden entry price.
Is there disabled access?
The topography of the site means that it is generally accessible however several areas are regrettably not suitable for wheelchairs and mobility scooters. There are gravel paths (particularly in the walled garden) and some hills, however, for further details please refer to our access statement.
View our access statement here.
What are the admissions?
Children 3+ £3.00
Children 0-3 FREE
Food & Drink
We have tearooms where you can purchase food and drink. Further information can be found by clicking here. You are welcome to drop in and enjoy refreshments without purchasing an entry into the gardens.
Dogs are welcome on short leads. Please can you take dog deposits home with you. Houghton is a family home and we do not want to put up litter bins as it makes it too commercial. We hope you understand.
There is plenty of free car parking at Houghton Lodge Gardens.
Toilets are available onsite.
A few items of selected gift ware are available to purchase from our shop.
Houghton Lodge is a member of the following:
RHS Partner Garden 2017:
RHS members (who have an asterix on their card) free entry Monday – Thursday.
Not at weekends or bank holidays.
Bus / public transport links to Houghton – Travel by public transport
- Houghton Lodge Gardens are an hour and a half from Central London, a simple and usually fast journey straight down the M3 and the A30. We are five minutes from the local town of Stockbridge. Follow the signs to Houghton Lodge Gardens.
- Winchester and Andover are our nearest mainline stations (to/from London, Waterloo). The train stations are Winchester (11 miles) and Andover (8 miles).
- You can get to Houghton Lodge Gardens by a very limited bus service. The nearest bus stop is outside the front gate but the service is infrequent and spasmodic.
- You can get a taxi with Wintax from Winchester or Pikes from Andover, both with 24 hour booking.
- There is a free community bus from Romsey.
- We have bike facilities by the tearoom/tourist accommodation.
How To Find Us
Houghton Lodge is in the heart of the Test Valley, only an hour and a half from Central London, a simple and usually fast journey straight down the M3 and the A30. We are five minutes from the local town of Stockbridge. Follow the signs to Houghton Lodge Gardens. Winchester and Andover are our nearest mainline stations (to/from London, Waterloo).